Neil McivorChief Data Officer and Chief Statistician
Department for Education
9:35 AM Panel Discussion: The Evolving and Maturing Role of the CDO: Challenges, Opportunities and Possibilities
The role of Chief Data Officer is a bespoke and agile role that cannot succeed without being tailored to the individual needs of your business. It is also a role that has continued to evolve and mature, but what does the CDO of tomorrow look like compared to today’s function? This panel discussion will focus on future challenges and opportunities for data leaders:
- What are the biggest challenges faced by CDO’s in the current climate?
- What are the ingredients of a successful CDO and data leadership function in today’s environment?
- Can the role of the CDO be tailored to suit the needs of individual businesses and if so how?
- What role will technology play in supporting and driving a shift in the role?
- What should the reporting structure look like in the future?
- What are the expectations for the leaders of tomorrow?
- Will the role of the CDO exist in the future?
- The challenges with gaining buy-in and getting employees excited about governance?
- Educating the board on the importance of new legislation, governance and security
- Minimising risk whilst ensuring quick and easy access to data
- Protecting the quality and integrity of your data
- Setting, executing and steering enterprise-wide governance and ensuring everyone sticks to rigid data governance rules