Norman StuertzDivisional CDO
Norman is a Data Enthusiast and has been CDO since January 2016. He has experience growing along business, consulting and line management in Front-Office, Consulting and IT. Currently Norman's focus is on building data strategy, data governance and data management, aiming to enable an enterprise wide data insight usage with the COO. Driving own analytical projects around client data. Credit Suisse Divisional Chief Data Officer Private Banking Front Office Solutions, Line Management, Application Development, >160 s Chief of Staff IT Region Switzerland Member of IT Switzerland Management Committee Program Manager - Architecture Global Concept & Strategy Sector Leader for Application Development FX&MM IT Previous Employment: Commerz Business Consulting Senior Project Manager Capgemini Principal, Financial Services, Account Executive & Business Development BearingPoint, formerly KPMG Consulting Project Delivery and Business Development Morgan Guaranty Trust, London FX Sales, Client Trading Services, responsible for Germanic Clients JP Morgan GmbH, Frankfurt Global Technology Services, Project Team Member Global Markets, Repo-Trader Global Markets, Trader Short Term Desk, responsible for Short Term Financing of the Bank
9:35 AM Panel Discussion: The Evolving and Maturing Role of the CDO: Challenges, Opportunities and Possibilities
The role of Chief Data Officer is a bespoke and agile role that cannot succeed without being tailored to the individual needs of your business. It is also a role that has continued to evolve and mature, but what does the CDO of tomorrow look like compared to today’s function? This panel discussion will focus on future challenges and opportunities for data leaders:
- What are the biggest challenges faced by CDO’s in the current climate?
- What are the ingredients of a successful CDO and data leadership function in today’s environment?
- Can the role of the CDO be tailored to suit the needs of individual businesses and if so how?
- What role will technology play in supporting and driving a shift in the role?
- What should the reporting structure look like in the future?
- What are the expectations for the leaders of tomorrow?
- Will the role of the CDO exist in the future?
- Data Landscape: Where and how big are your data puddles, lakes and oceans?
- Data Criticality: Fundamental assessment of where the data problem areas are
- Data Insights: Where and how is data being collected, provisioned, analysed and distributed
- Data “Crowd”: Identify, see and talk to data stakeholders and foster collaboration
- Data At Hand: Define architecture, data flows and bring in technology