10:20 AM Panel Discussion: The Evolving and Maturing Role of the CDO: Challenges, Opportunities and Possibilities
The role of Chief Data Officer is a bespoke and agile role that cannot succeed without being tailored to the individual needs of your business. It is also a role that has continued to evolve and mature, but what does the CDO of tomorrow look like compared to today’s function? This panel discussion will focus on future challenges and opportunities for data leaders:
- What are the biggest challenges faced by CDO’s in the current climate?
- What are the ingredients of a successful CDO and data leadership function in today’s environment?
- Can the role of the CDO be tailored to suit the needs of individual businesses and if so how?
- What role will technology play in supporting and driving a shift in the role?
- What should the reporting structure look like in the future?
- What are the expectations for the leaders of tomorrow?
- Will the role of the CDO exist in the future?
- Data Landscape: Where and how big are your data puddles, lakes and oceans?
- Data Criticality: Fundamental assessment of where the data problem areas are
- Data Insights: Where and how is data being collected, provisioned, analysed and distributed
- Data “Crowd”: Identify, see and talk to data stakeholders and foster collaboration
- Data At Hand: Define architecture, data flows and bring in technology