Agenda Day 2
8:30 am - 8:35 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks and WelcomeTim Carmichael - Director and Chief Data Officer Ensifera
8:35 am - 9:05 am Future Possibilities for Data Use Cases: Data as a Force for GoodRichard Benjamins - Data & AI Ambassador Telefonica, LUCA
This presentation is designed to focus on data beyond just business value; and explore current possibilities for using Big Data to help Sustainable Development Goals that the United Nations has set for 2030.
· Overview and use cases: Reviewing various pilot projects and describing their relevance in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
· Understanding the main barriers with moving from pilot projects into full scale operation: Challenges and solutions
· Addressing the concerns of data privacy, security and protection
· Highlighting the commercial and strategic value: Partnership opportunities, brand, customer perceptions
Richard BenjaminsData & AI Ambassador
9:05 am - 9:35 am Leveraging Data and Insights: Data Monetisation, Increasing Revenue and Decreasing CostsClemens Baader - Chief Data & Analytics Officer International Personal Finance
- Creating insights capabilities that will extract key insights to improve customer experience, loyalty, retention and revenue streams
- Optimising business processes: Developing data & analytic capabilities that will identify cost and time inefficiencies and improve business processes
- Demonstrating areas of improvement and suggestions through clear KPI’s and metrics that are designed to measure performance
Clemens BaaderChief Data & Analytics Officer
International Personal Finance
9:35 am - 10:10 am Preparing for the Autonomous Enterprise: Intelligent Automation Driven through Data StrategyAlthea Davis - Chief Data Officer Challengers and Growth Markets ING
- Examining the new era of connectivity driving data and analytics: Automation, predictive analytics, machine learning and AI
- Creating a holistic automation strategy with data at the core
- Selecting the right technology for solving unique business problems
Althea DavisChief Data Officer Challengers and Growth Markets
10:10 am - 11:10 am GDPR Armageddon: Was it Really the End of the World?Tim Carmichael - Director and Chief Data Officer Ensifera
Peter Jackson - Chief Data Officer Southern Water
Imre Szucs - Director of Data & Analytics Department Telenor Hungary
Tony Gosling - Chief Data Officer Pell Frischmann
GDPR has long been a topic of fear, dread and panic. “Impact is inevitable, and no one can hide”, but now that GDPR has passed, what have the impacts really been on businesses? This session will take a retrospective look at GDPR, today’s reality and the journey ahead!
· Armageddon aftermath: Was it really that bad?
· What have been the biggest impacts to date?
· How has it affected the role of the CDO, CDPO’s and DPO’s now and in the future?
· How has customer engagement been impacted?
· What does BREXIT mean for Data Privacy?
· What positive have we actually seen – beyond compliance?
· What lessons can we learn from GDPR?
Peter JacksonChief Data Officer
Imre SzucsDirector of Data & Analytics Department
Tony GoslingChief Data Officer
11:10 am - 11:35 am Morning Coffee & Networking Break
11:35 am - 12:10 pm Impact Vs. Insight: Comparing Data Value with Data InsightsJohanna Hutchinson - Head of Data The Pensions Regulator
- Understanding how the value of data differs depending on the unique characteristics of individual businesses and their business areas
- Comparing the value of data: Increase in profit and operational efficiency vs. sector insights
- Reviewing specific examples within the public services sector: Leveraging market insights to identifying criminals, personal records, legislation etc.
- How to assess, evaluate, secure buy-in, resource and lead your business to invest in multiple high impact datadriven initiatives
Johanna HutchinsonHead of Data
The Pensions Regulator
12:10 pm - 12:45 pm Overcoming Data Silos and Improving CollaborationNorman Stuertz - Divisional CDO Credit Suisse
- Data Landscape: Where and how big are your data puddles, lakes and oceans?
- Data Criticality: Fundamental assessment of where the data problem areas are
- Data Insights: Where and how is data being collected, provisioned, analysed and distributed
- Data “Crowd”: Identify, see and talk to data stakeholders and foster collaboration
- Data At Hand: Define architecture, data flows and bring in technology
Norman StuertzDivisional CDO
12:45 pm - 1:20 pm Developing an Information Strategy within the Cabinet OfficeYogesh Babbar - Chief Data Officer Office of Government Property
- Understanding the company vision and ensuring the data strategy is aligned to the overall business strategy
- Defining, developing and agreeing on the key pillars of information strategy: Data,Technology, Process and Governance
- Using tools clearly demonstrate and articulate success across the entire organisation
Yogesh BabbarChief Data Officer
Office of Government Property
1:20 pm - 2:20 pm Lunch & Networking Break
2:20 pm - 2:55 pm Telefonica’s Fourth Platform: Creating New Relationship Models with Customers through TrustFrancisco José Montalvo - Director of Fourth Platform Telefonica
- Overview of the “Fourth Platform”: Drivers, strategy and desired outcomes
- Improving user relationships by enabling them to manage their digital experiences and control the data generated by the company’s products and services
- Untapping the value of data to our customers
- Managing privacy: The cornerstone of trust
- Use cases: Evaluating challenges and opportunities for the customer and the business to date
Francisco José MontalvoDirector of Fourth Platform
2:55 pm - 3:30 pm Putting Customer Centricity at the Core of the Data Strategy: Improving Insights and Enhancing Relationships
- Optimising business outcomes through a customer centric strategy
- The importance of knowing your customers: Data capture and leveraging insights to deliver the right message, at the right time and in the correct way
- Leveraging data to create new experiences and optimising engagement for customers
- Keeping pace with changing expectations from customers and their needs
- Getting to grips with the latest innovations like machine learning and understanding how they can be applied to their business
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Afternoon Coffee & Networking
4:00 pm - 4:35 pm Data Strategy and Technology Transformation: How Blockchains Could Transform AIAbed Ajraou - Data & Insights Director AIEVE
- Appreciating how big data has transformed AI, and how Blockchain technology may transform AI in the future
- AI and data: How AI can deliver impressive results by leveraging copious amounts of data
- What are the characteristics of Blockchain and how can it unlock its potential for AI applications
- What are the potential challenges of implementing this type of technology: Tips to avoid and manage them
- Where is the future heading and what will be possible?
Abed AjraouData & Insights Director